2018 Summer Book Club
FISH IN A TREE by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
How do YOU define intelligence?
THE BOOK CLUB FOCUS:
The readers will develop sympathy (perhaps empathy) as we read and discuss the challenges others face and explore the many themes throughout this novel.
Thinking should not end just because the school year does. Please join us for the 2018 Summer Book Club and keep the love of learning alive while cultivating new found friendships.
LIVE Online Summer Book Club (ages 9 - 13)
WHEN: Tuesday Mornings at 10:30 AM (1 hour long)
June 26, July 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
WHERE: Online (Zoom Classroom) - which is great because wherever you are, as long as you have internet, we can all meet.
WHAT YOU GET:
1. A copy of the book Fish in a Tree by Lynda Mullaly Hunt
2. Six LIVE weekly online BOOK CLUB MEETINGS with peers and teacher
3. An uplifting, thought-provoking book to read this summer, note-taking/annotation skills to practice, discussion opportunities and challenges, as well as writing/journaling prompts
4. Fun and lively interaction with others as we create new friendships
5. Valuable lessons and class structure prepared and taught by a credentialed teacher - ME!
$57.00 (Yep! Less than $10 a week for an entertaining, fun, friendly, uplifting, memorable, shared reading experience with others.)
AND... SIBLING DISCOUNTS!
NOTE: Assigned reading will consist of approximately 50 pages per week. Audio book versions are perfectly acceptable.