1. Plan some fun for the whole family. ✅
2. Clean, reorganize, or complete a project needing attention at home. ✅
3. Spend time in the fresh outdoors on a daily basis. ✅
4. Spend overdue time with friends or family members. ✅
5. Read a book (or listen to one) purely for enjoyment. ✅
6. Take pictures and journal your summer memories. ✅
7. Sleep in or stay up late... or both!✅
8. Spend time in cool waters while enjoying the warm sun. ✅
9. Serve others. ✅
10. Find inspiration, wisdom, and advice intended to rejuvenate, prepare, and excite you for a new school year.
At the start of any summer, I just jump in feet first with the top nine "to-dos" on my SUMMER checklist. Quickly, I begin enjoying the change of pace and scenery of my life. The kids are home and so am I.
Midway through July, I begin to get antsy about a new school year - new lessons - new ideas - new opportunities - new students - new families - a new season.
While I am still in a relaxed mood, with my journal by my side and coffee in my hand, I like to read books, blogs, and posts by moms and teachers who inspire me to get creative and who breathe new, fresh motivation into me.
Since I'm still in "vacation-mode", it doesn't feel like work, but I know it is working on my heart and mind equipping me for what is to come: THE BEST YEAR EVER!
Please don't underestimate the positive power that other moms can provide in your life. Let's talk. Let's share. Let's grow. Together we are MomStrong! www.facebook.com/groups/118470985432746/
Want to join me? If you have a favorite inspirational book for moms, or for educators of all kinds; perhaps a great daily devotional, or anything that sparks your fire, please share it in the comments below.
Disclaimer: The book images above are personal choices and not affiliates of mine.
Melissa Webb is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Author: Melissa Webb
CA Credentialed Teacher